"...the principle of collage is the central principle of all art in the 20th century." -- Donald Barthelme (1931-1989)
''l'art pour l'art.'' -- Henri-Benjamin Constant de Rebecque (1767–1830) also attributed to Théophile Gautier (1811–1872)
CollageArt.org: Criteria for Reviews
1. The review must be of an exhibition that focuses on or includes a substantial amount of collage art.
2. The exhibition may be a solo exhibition or a group exhibition.
3. Reviews should be reasonably courteous or respectful unless there is a good reason to challenge the premise of an exhibition.
4. The person who reviews the show may be a friend or acquaintance of the artist(s) but may not have participated in the exhibition or in curating, hosting, or organizing the exhibition.
5. The author/reviewer will retain the copyright to the review.
6. At this time collageart.org is only considering reviews of exhibitions which happen on the actual physical surface of our planet (rather than those which exist only in cyberspace).
7. The review should be between 250 and 600 words long.
8. If you submit a review please include your name and phone number with your submission and state whether you wish your name or just your initials to be published with the review.
9. Please also be prepared to supply a minimum of three jpeg images from the exhibition you are reviewing if your review is accepted.
10. Collageart.org will supply links to the gallery and/or to the artist's website as desired.
11. Collageart.org is a public service website. At this time collageart.org has no funds and cannot pay folks who write reviews.
If you have questions contact Jonathan Talbot at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 845-258-4620.